- Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used.
- 1. Collection and Sharing of Information.
- By using Bug.Town online site, products, applications and services, users agree that Bug.Town collects and processes the personally identifiable information (as defined below) they provide by creating a Bug.Town Account, by purchasing products and services, or during any exchange in connection with the use of their Bug.Town Account. Bug.Town will not share any personally identifiable information with other parties except as described in this policy. Bug.Town also processes anonymous data, aggregated or not, in order to analyze and produce statistics related to the habits, usage patterns, and demographics of users as a group or as individuals. Such anonymous data does not allow the identification of the users to which it relates. Bug.Town may share anonymous data, aggregated or not, with third parties.
- 2. Personally Identifiable Information.
- Personally identifiable information is information that can be used to uniquely identify a user such as name or address. If you are an EU citizen, "personally identifiable information" means "personal data" within the meaning of article 2 a) of the Directive 95/46 of 24 October 1995. You may be asked to provide personally identifiable information during the sign in process, and then in connection with the use of Bug.Town’ products, services and applications. While Bug.Town collects personally identifiable information on a voluntary basis, for certain products and services Bug.Town' collection of personally identifiable information may be a requirement for access to the product or service or to process a user’s order.
- 3. Use of personally identifiable information.
- Personally identifiable information is used internally by Bug.Town to deliver, develop and improve products, content and services, to which users have subscribed, and to answer users’ requests. In addition, Bug.Town may allow third parties performing services under contract with Bug.Town, such as order or payment processors or merchandise warehouse and fulfillment services, located in and outside the European Union, to access and use personally identifiable information, but only to the extent necessary to provide those services.
Bug.Town may use personally identifiable information provided by users to send them information about Bug.Town, including news about product updates, contests, events, and other promotional materials, but only if the users agree to receive such communications. Bug.Town will not share any personally identifiable information with third parties for marketing purposes without your consent.
When you create a Bug.Town Account, Bug.Town collects a user's email address, username, country and date of birth. Bug.Town has no obligation to keep private personally identifiable information that a user makes available to other users via Bug.Town’ services, such as in multiplayer chat or other public functions.
Bug.Town may release personally identifiable information to comply with court orders or laws that require us to disclose such information. In the event of a reorganization, sale or merger we may transfer personally identifiable information to the relevant third party with the user’s consent if required by law.
- 4. For parents - Our Commitment to Children's Privacy.
- Protecting the privacy of the young is especially important for us. We never collect or maintain information at our website from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13. We strongly recommend “parents registration” for parents of children above the age of 13 while creating a Neocore Account.
- 5. Cookies and Other Information on a User's Machine.
- Bug.Town’ products, services and applications may employ cookies and other technologies such as web beacons and pixel tags. Cookies are bits of electronic information that can be transferred to a user's hard drive to customize a person's use of a product or online site, keep records of a user's access to an online site or product, or store information needed by the user on a regular basis. Bug.Town may use third party web site analytic tools that employ cookies to collect certain non-personally identifiable information concerning use of websites, such as referring web site addresses, page views and browser types. However, users can disable cookies by changing their browser settings.
- 6. Cookies are not shared with any third parties.
- Information regarding a user’s Bug.Town Account, a user’s Internet connection and the Bug.Town softwares installed on a user’s computer is uploaded to the server in connection with the user’s use of Bug.Town softwares and services.
- 7. Bug.Town Community.
- Bug.Town' products or services may provide chat, forums, bulletin boards, or instant messaging tools to users. Any information that is disclosed in chat, forums or bulletin boards should be considered public information, and users who message one another may not know each other personally. Bug.Town has no obligation to keep private personally identifiable information that a user makes available to other users or the public using these functions. Users should exercise caution when deciding to disclose personal information in public forums. Users should also be aware that game play information disclosed during multiplayer game play (e.g. player name and current player statistics) is public information and may be displayed to other users.
- 8. Choice / Opt-out.
- Bug.Town gives users the option to receive promotional email communications on different topics from Bug.Town. Users may opt out of these communications on their Bug.Town Account profile page, but instructions for discontinuing receipt of promotional email communications from Bug.Town will be provided in email communications also.
- 9. Storage and Security of Personally Identifiable Information.
- Personally identifiable information provided to Bug.Town will be collected, processed and stored by Bug.Town. Bug.Town has taken reasonable steps to protect the information users share with us, including, but not limited to, setup of processes, equipment and software to avoid unauthorized access or disclosure of this information.
If you are concerned about the accuracy of personally identifiable information or wish to review, access, amend or correct it, or would like your personally identifiable information removed from Bug.Town' records or otherwise deactivated, please contact us. We may decline requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or are extremely impractical.
- 10. Contact Us.